The UPMA National Executive Board has extended the current membership offer of 1 year free for new EAS members, the offer is in effect thru March 31, 2022.
This has proven to be an excellent tool to sign up new EAS members with the understanding that they have an entire year to get a better understanding of the benefits of membership in UPMA. An additional bonus, new EAS members that join during the special offer will be eligible for Adverse Action Legal Defense Plan when their dues withholding starts since they have been a member for a full year. Of course, we all hope no one needs the Adverse Action Legal Defense Plan, but if a member does, they will be thankful that they are a member of UPMA.
I have attached a summary of the Membership offer and benefits of joining UPMA, this is a 1-page summary that can be printed and shared with prospective members.
The Membership issue of the UPMA Leader is a great tool detailing the many reasons for and benefits of membership. The online version has been updated with the extend membership offer dates. I have listed below the link to the to Current Membership Offer under the Membership tab of our website.
Current Membership Offer (unitedpma.org)
People join for different reasons - some of the benefits of being a member of UPMA include the following.
* All national UPMA leaders and chapter presidents are current USPS employees.
* As an active member you have the privilege to vote and hold leadership positions at all levels of the organization.
* A national website—unitedpma.org—offering the latest information regarding the organization, legislative issues, online training videos and Postal
Service information that affects your career.
* A national magazine and chapter publications that contain information important to you in your current position and will help you in your future.
* Annual national and chapter conventions that offer training to help you be successful.
* Members have access to our network of Adverse Action Member Representatives. After you have been a member for one year, as an EAS employee, you have the benefit of our Legal Defense Plan if the need arises.
* With representation at the District, Area and Headquarters level, UPMA offers professional development and training opportunities, as well as personal growth, networking opportunities and personal one-on-one advice and assistance in postal matters.
UPMA is working continuously for ALL postal managers and with the current uncertainty in the Postal Service, UPMA is a constant voice at USPS Headquarters for maintaining post offices, as well as the salaries and benefits of managers. We need your help to do so -- there is strength in numbers. UPMA has well over 11,000 EAS Members.
We would be honored to have you join the UPMA "family" today. Just scan this QR code or visit our National website: www.unitedpma.org or State website: www.nyunitedpma.org under membership to join online.
State Vice President